CSR AT SURYADEV ALLOYS AND POWER PRIVATE LIMITED
We, Suryadev Alloys and Power Private Limited firmly believe the health and welfare of our people and the community and society as a whole and we never lose sight of our responsibility to the environment and society. Our commitments towards Corporate Social Responsibility mainly includes Education, Health, Rural infrastructure. and also, to undertake Interventions in the areas of sports, disaster relief, environment and ethnicity etc all aimed at improving the quality of life of the communities and for the betterment of the society acting with integrity, operating responsibly and sustainably.
CSR Policy of Suryadev is formulated in accordance with the provisions of Section 135 of the Companies Act, 2013 and the Rules made thereunder and the other laws that are applicable to the Company.
Objective of CSR Policy:
The main objective of the CSR Policy is to lay down guidelines for the company to make CSR as one of the key focus areas to adhere to the Company’s interest in environment and society that focuses on making a positive contribution to society through effective impact and sustainable development programs.
This Policy covers the proposed CSR activities to be undertaken by the Company and ensuring that they are in line with Schedule VII of the Companies Act,2013 as amended from time to time. It covers the CSR activities which are being carried out in India only and includes strategy that defines plans for future CSR activities.
Scope & Coverage:
The CSR activities of the Company shall include, but not limited to any or all of the sectors/activities as may be prescribed by Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 amended from time to time. Further, the Company will review the sectors/activities from time to time and make additions/ deletions/ clarifications to the above sectors/activities.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee:
The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee was constituted by the Board with effect from 17th May 2014. The CSR Committee formulates and recommends the Corporate Social Responsibility Policy (“CSR Policy”) to the Board and monitors the CSR Activities. The CSR Committee consists of the following Members.
Promoter and Managing Director
Promoter and Director
Non-Promoter and Director
The company has carried out various projects for promoting sanitation under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan which are as follows;
- Drainage construction of 247 meters from Uthilipond street to Paleeswaran Kandagai street, New Gumidipoondi Panchayat, Tiruvallur District.
- Drainage construction of 247 meters in Rediyaar Street, New Gumidipoondi Panchayat, Tiruvallur District.
- Drainage construction of 294 meters in Balayogi Nagar, New Gumidipoondi Panchayat, Tiruvallur District.
Education - Karna Scholarship
The company has designed and implemented an educational initiative - KARNA scholarship scheme aimed to help for the education of children of working class associated with constructions and its related industries
Chennai and Gummidipoondi :
- Education Scholarship given to 120 students studying both primary and secondary school under KARNA scholarship scheme.
- Contributed to RPS Hospitals Private Limited towards Treatment of person suffering with liver disease, New Gummidipoondi village, Tiruvallur District.
- Proposal for construction of Hospital is in discussion with the concerned authorities in Sirupulapettai village, New Gummidipoondi Panchayat, Tiruvallur District.
The Company has carried out infrastructure facilities for Anganwadi Centre, Cement Road and planning for other activities.
- Construction of Anganwadi building in Paleeswaran Kandagai village, New Gumidipoondi Panchayat, Tiruvallur District.
- Cement Road Construction of 3.75 x 286 meters in Reddipalayam area, Sirupulapettai village, New Gumidipoondi Panchayat, Tiruvallur District
- Proposal for construction of community hall in is in discussion with the concerned authorities in Sirupulapettai village, New Gumidipoondi panchayat, Tiruvallur District.
- The Company contributes to Manasa School - School for the Special Children in Chennai every month to special education and rehabilitation facilities.
- The Company contributes to Guild of Services-Seva Samajam in Chennai, an NGO that is engaged in various social service activities around the country.
- The Company contributes every month to Parents and Teachers Association (PTA) of New Gummidipoondi and Sirupulapettai Higher Secondary Schools for empowerment of education.
- The Company contributes yearly to Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF) for providing care, support, Rehabilitation and financial help to the disabled, non-pensioners, old and infirm ESM (ex-servicemen), their families, war widows and orphaned children.
- The Company also contributes to Deaf Enabled Foundation towards skill development.
- The Company has contributed for the construction of Borewells under Green Tamil Nadu Mission for tree planation support.
- The Company has contributed to Friends of Tribals Society (FTS) , A non – government and voluntary organization committed towards upliftment of the underprivileged rural and tribal masses in India.